We know how quickly life can become unbalanced. It happens to everyone. We all need help from time to time. It’s okay to want someone to talk to, it takes courage to ask for help. Seeking support is an act of courage rooted in strength. Together we will begin the journey towards a balanced life.
- Alcohol Abuse
- Bipolar Disorder
- Chronic Relapse
- Compulsive Pornography Use
- Coping Skills
- Co-occuring Diagnosis
- Drug Abuse
- Emotional Disturbance
- Self Esteem
- Sleep or Insomnia
- Substance Abuse
- Suicidal Ideation
About the Journey
- The journey will take time.
- There is no pre-printed road map of your journey. We will figure it out together.
- It’s not about perfection, it’s about making progress (AA).
- I will walk with you as long as it takes and as long as you want me to be there.
- Every person is different and the journey will be different for each individual.
- You will continue to have some good days and some bad days, and that’s normal.
- I will walk with you. I will guide you. I will give you the best counsel I can. But at the end of the day, both the decisions and the effort must be yours.
- Change is always hard. Change is gradual. And that’s okay.
- You are more than your diagnosis. (i.e. You’re not bipolar, you’re someone who has bipolar.)
Experienced, Professional, Compassionate
Throughout my life I have experienced a variety of difficulties, which has given me the knowledge and experience to help others overcome the same. I am an adult child of a parent with mental illness and understand the challenges this can present.
I’m not Sigmund Freud and I’m not Fraiser Crane. I’m friendly and approachable. I’ll never ask you a trick question. I will walk with you- the pain, the changes, and the uncertainty.
A lifelong resident of West Michigan, I enjoy running, backpacking, cycling and playing guitar. A Holland resident since 2003, I enjoy spending time with my wife, Carol, our four children and four grandchildren.
- Over thirteen years experience
- Licensed Master Social Worker
- CAADC – Certified Advanced Alcohol and Drug Counselor
- Two years experience at Pine Rest Psychiatric Hospital
- Eighteen months experience working with geriatric patients
- Partnering with Hope College to provide substance abuse services to Hope College students